Microsoft hasnt forgotten us gamers on their Windows 8 OS and Windows Phone Platform.
Halo: Spartan Assault is a new entry in the Halo Universe that find you playing as Sarah Palmer (from Halo 4). The game itself is a top down third person shooter, that kind of looks Halo Wars esque. My first thoughts upon first viewing trailer was " Finally a on the go Halo Wars!!!". Then I saw that it was a third person shooter and was like "OK, not as exciting but still pumped".
The story is focused on Palmers first as a spartan, and will introduce new weapons and things of that nature.
It will use adaptive twin-stick controls, which are said to be inspired by classic shooters such as Smash TV and Total Carnage.
"We've built the game for simplicity. We've spent a tremendous amount of time on the controls for this game, so it's something that people can jump in and play right away," said executive producer Dan Ayoub.Heres a full listing for the game and its features:
Players will be able to customise their loadouts with different abilities and weapons before every mission.
"As you play through the game, you're going to achieve credits that you can use to unlock new abilities and weapons," said Ayoub.
"We're going to have new Spartan abilities and weapons that you've never seen before."
All levels will have optional individual challenges to complete, and there will be "weekly specialised challenges that are going to keep you coming back".
Halo: Spartan Assault
• Publisher: Microsoft Studios
• Developers: 343 Industries and Vanguard Games
• Format: Digital download available only for Windows 8 PCs, tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices
• Price: $6.99
• Availability: July 2013
Available only for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, “Halo: Spartan Assault” is a new top-down action shooter that brings a “Halo” video game to touch-based devices for the first time in franchise history. Developed by 343 Industries in conjunction with Vanguard Games, “Halo: Spartan Assault” provides an accessible, pick-up-and-play experience for fans and newcomers alike.
Set between the events of “Halo 3” and “Halo 4,” “Halo: Spartan Assault” is a new chapter of the award-winning “Halo” universe that explores the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces.
With rich storytelling, intuitive controls, and best-in-class action, audio and graphics, “Halo: Spartan Assault” brings the epic scale and action of the “Halo” universe to mobile devices through unrivaled action and intensity.
Top features include the following
• Original “Halo” gameplay. An action-packed, single-player campaign spanning 25 missions in battles never before experienced in the Halo Universe, all played from a top-down camera view
• New and immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of “Halo 3” and “Halo 4,” experience a new war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer, all with best-in-class graphics and audio
• Built for simplicity. A unique fusion of touch and consolelike controls for easy pick-up-and-play gaming, with the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse controls on Windows 8 PCs and tablets2
• Integration with “Halo 4.” Earn experience points (XP), all-new Achievements, and unlock emblems for your “Halo 4” Spartan career, with additional integration features available after laun
• Nonstop competitive fun. Compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills against an onslaught of Weekly Challenges while collecting more than 40 in-game Achievements and Med
• In-app purchases. Grind to earn upgrades or speed up your training by purchasing credits for boosts, unique weapons or armor abilitie
• Only on Windows. Available only on Windows 8 PCs and tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices.